Challenging times call for creative measures. It’s also a time to reach out to the community and ask for help. Musicians and other music professionals are deeply affected by the Covid-19 crisis due to the cancellation of shows and events, which are the lifeblood of the Cebu music scene. Without these activities, there would be no contemporary music industry that makes the collective culture of Cebu vibrant.
In this light, we at 22 Tango Music Group, have made a decision to set up AMUMA: Homegrown Music Emergency Fund. It is an initiative to build financial resources through crowdfunding and patronage. Its main objectives are to provide financial assistance to artists so they can continue their music projects, and provide allowances to production staff.
There are three (3) ways to support AMUMA.
- Make a donation through the AMUMA GoGetFunding Page.
- Subscribe to 22 Tango Music Group’s Patreon account. Patreon is a platform that enables patrons to pledge a monthly subscription supporting all of 22 Tango Music Group’s homegrown music projects, ensuring a regular stream of funds to support our artists’ music production. We’ve set-up tiers or categories for patrons to choose from, namely:
- Homegrown Advocate for $4
- Homegrown Believer for $10
- Homegrown Champion for $20
- Homegrown Partner for $50
Each category has its own perks and rewards for the patron to enjoy.
- Finally, for those who prefer to support the traditional way, you can do a deposit or direct-to-bank transfer donations. Bank details are as follows:
22 Tango Records Production
279 0985 611
It is our hope that AMUMA: Homegrown Music Emergency Fund becomes a sustainable resource as we aim to further extend assistance to more artists who are not part of the 22 Tango Music Group roster. We truly believe in the value of community, and it is our goal to keep nurturing it. Help us continue to #GrowCebuMusic.
Follow 22 Tango Records on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for more updates. Find out more about AMUMA at www.22tangorecords.com.